Interested applicants (land owner, anchor company and cooperative/farmer) will be required to complete the online application form to ascertain basic eligibility criteria are met.
Selected applications will undergo an internal assessment by the BiotechCorp’s Evaluation Team to assess the anchor company’s strength, the viability of the BCDP project, the availability of land and funding for the project, cooperative/farmer to be involved in the project and the social impact.
Viable project will be considered for the programme.
Application Process Work Flow
BCDP Eligibility Criteria
- Buy-back guarantee from the anchor company (BioNexus Status company or BTP Trigger Project) – the anchor company must provide a buy-back guarantee based on the fair trade pricing mechanism for the BCDP project.
- Bio-based technology – the project should involve the application of innovative and efficient technology to add value to bio-based resources in order to ensure a high-quality supply of bio-based raw materials.
- Commercial readiness – the project should have key details like financing/incentive, location/land, cooperative/farmer and viability of the contract farming project to enable immediate implementation.
- Training and technical advice provided by the anchor company – the anchor company will provide technical advice and training to ensure the successful implementation of the project.
- Medium to long term contract for the BCDP project – contract farming project should be within a reasonable period depending on the requirements of each project.
- Socio-economic impact – enable to transform lives of farmers by enhancing income generation, develop unskilled farmers into “Bio-Agropreneur” and enhance social mobility through technology-based entrepreneurship.