Interested applicants will be required to complete the online application form to ascertain basic eligibility criteria are met.
Selected applications will undergo an internal assessment by BiotechCorp’s Evaluation team through a comprehensive scoring of the project.
Projects with scores within acceptable parameters will be presented to the BTP Technical Working Committee for recommendation and ultimately to the BTP Steering Committee for inclusion/approval.
Application Process Work Flow
BTP Eligibility Criteria
- Investment from the private sector – project should be led by one or more private companies, to transform Malaysia into a private sector driven economy.
- Bio-based technology – project should involve the application of innovative and efficient technology to add value to bio-based resources.
- Commercial readiness – project should have key details like financing, location and technology secured to enable immediate implementation
- Socio-economic impact – project should generate significant impact through Gross National Income, investment, job creation or other means.
- The BTP Fund is a term loan/financing facility that will be offered based on conventional principles.
- It serves as a ‘tipping point’ or ‘bridging’ mechanism to mitigate and de-risk a project from the point of view of conventional financing institutions.
- The maximum loan amount is kept at 10% from the total project cost or RM10,000,000, whichever is lower.
- Limited to Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) for critical equipment and Developmental Operating Expenses (OPEX) for initial setting up of project only.
BTP Fund Application Process Work Flow
BTP Fund Eligibility Criteria
- Projects undertaking or will undertake activities in bioeconomy sector with emphasis on application of bio-based technologies to add value to biological resources.
- Private limited company incorporated in Malaysia.
- Minimum paid up capital of RM100,000.
- Minimum five (5) full time employees.
- Minimum two (2) years operational experience.
If you have further inquiries regarding BTP or BTP Fund, you may contact us at: 03-21165588 or email us at email@example.com