BiotechCorp, an agency under the purview of Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI), is the lead development agency for the bio-based industry in Malaysia. BiotechCorp is
- Owned by the Minister of Finance Incorporated & Federal Lands Commissioner
- Governed by the Biotechnology Implementation Council
- Advised by the Bioeconomy International Advisory Panel, both chaired by the Honorable Prime Minister of Malaysia.
- BiotechCorp is responsible for executing the objectives of the National Biotechnology Policy (NBP) and acts to identify value propositions in both R&D and commerce and to support these ventures via financial assistance and developmental services.
BiotechCorp’s key mandates are as follows:
- Act as the central point in providing support, facilitation and advisory
- Nurture and accelerate growth of Malaysian bio-based companies
- Actively promote foreign direct investments in bio-based industry
- Create conducive environment for bio-based industry