The Biotechnology Commercialisation Fund Programme / Biotechnology Commercialisation Fund (BCF 2.0) was introduced under the Eleventh Malaysia Plan (11MP) with a total approved fund of RM100 million. This BCF 2.0 programme is administered by Malaysian Bioeconomy Development Corporation (Bioeconomy Corporation) in collaboration with Malaysian Industrial Development Finance Berhad (MIDF) as the BCF Programme Operator.
It is a soft loan programme offered to the following target groups:
- BioNexus status companies;
- companies identified as Bioeconomy Transformation Programme (“BTP”) Trigger Projects; and
- companies / cooperatives / societies identified as participants of the Bioeconomy Community Development Programme (“BCDP”).
This funding, a business development investment for Small and Medium enterprises, is divided into two (2) types of schemes:
- working capital (up to RM600,000) with a tenure of up to 2 years; and
- Business expansion capital (up to RM3 million including ‘zero entry financing cost’) with a tenure of up to 7 years
This BCF 2.0 programme is intended to facilitate on-going commercialisation of bio-based products and services as well as provide assistance in expanding applicants’ existing bio-based businesses.
Kindly click here for an overview of the BCF 2.0 Application process.
How to Apply
Parties interested in applying may fill out the Registration of Interest Form