BIO International Convention and Exhibition 2013
Malaysian Biotechnology Corporation (BiotechCorp) together with Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI) will once again take part in the BIO International Convention and Exhibition from 22 – 25 April 2013 in Chicago, US. BIO-US has been acknowledged as the largest biotechnology event in the world attended by scientists, researches, entrepreneurs and representatives from reputable biotech companies in the world.
BiotechCorp’s involvement in BIO is in line with the Government’s efforts to spur and strengthen the country’s biotechnology development agenda, thus making Bio-US as an ideal platform to promote Malaysia as the country of choice in investment and strategic collaboration in biotechnology.
BiotechCorp’s participation in the 2013 event known as BIO Chicago 2013, will strategically focused on the a few areas, which are:-
- Representing BiotechCorp’s role as the lead agency and a one-stop facilitation centre for biotech development in Malaysia.
- Representing Malaysia’s competitiveness and key capabilities in Biotechnology.
- One-to-one meetings and partnering sessions.
- Innovatively showcasing the value proposition of the Malaysia’s Biomedical industry which includes the Biomedical value chain, the bioeconomy agenda, and our sustainable competitive advantages.
BiotechCorp’s participation in Bio Chicago 2013, will also be an avenue to highlight initiatives and efforts in promoting bioeconomy and the Bioeconomy Transformation Programme (BTP), which has become the main agenda for MOSTI, BiotechCorp and other MOSTI agencies. The BTP is aimed at accelerating economic development efforts through commercialisation of research findings as well as to accelerate investment and business initiatives based on biotechnology in Malaysia.
Highlights of key programmes for the Malaysian participation includes:-
- Opening Ceremony of the Malaysian Pavilion as a global platform for industry collaboration, announcement and highlights
- Global Biotechnology Forum
- Malaysian VIP Reception and Captains of Industry meetings
- International Market Briefing Track
- Industry site visits
For more information on BIO Chicago please visit http://convention.bio.org