The global COVID-19 crisis has affected many organizations and individuals. To support Malaysian SMEs and encourage employment, the government has initiated the National Economic Recovery Plan (PENJANA) to help reduce the unemployment rate in Malaysia as well as to assist companies that are recovering post-COVID-19 to restructure, reorganize, and regrow their companies.
Through PENJANA, the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Industries (MAFI) has introduced the Workforce Mobility Program called My Future Agro. Bioeconomy Corporation, as one of the agencies under MAFI, has been selected to carry out this initiative through Biokerjaya @ My Future Agro Program.
1. What are the eligibility requirements for hiring employees under this program?
2. What is the application process for the incentives stated above?
- Companies need to register via the Biokerjaya portal to obtain the incentives offered;
- Effective 10 August 2020, any interested Company can register its profile via the Biokerjaya portal. From 12 August 2020, the Company can apply for the incentives offered through this program; and
- Apprentices need to register as jobseekers on the Biokerjaya portal to participate in this program.
3. What are the required documents needed apply for this program?
Category: Employer/ Company
i. Job role profile should be given to the hired apprentice throughout the period of the program;
ii. Company’s bank account information (copy of the front page of the Bank Statement / front page of bank book with company name, account number and bank name);
iii. Information of the company’s business registration number (Business Registration Number- BRN).
Category: Apprentice/ Jobseeker/ Individual
i. Resume / CV
4. What is meant by Business Registration Number information (BRN) that needs to be obtained from the bank?
- BRN is the company’s business registration number registered by the company when opening a bank account.
- Companies should contact their respective banks to ensure that the BRN provided is correct and accurate.
- The Company’s Bank and BRN Account information are required for the purpose of direct payment to the company’s account via Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT).
5. How will the incentive payment be processed?
- Incentive payment will be made monthly to the hiring company (on the 22nd of every month) and after the performance report is submitted to Bioeconomy Corporation;
- One-off mobility assistance will be paid to apprentices through the hiring company – where in turn, this amount must be paid to the eligible apprentice within 14 days from the date of payment received by the Company.
6. Will the hiring company receive the incentives if the apprentice is not present or has stopped working?
- The incentive will NOT be paid to the company when the apprentice no longer works for the company.
7. Must the company make application for the incentive every month?
- The company only needs to fill in the information required (i.e. BRN information) once and inform the number of apprentices hired for this program. However, a monthly report must be submitted at the end of every month throughout the period of this program.
- Should the apprentice has been terminated or has resigned, the company is required to inform Bioeconomy Corporation at least 3 days from the date of termination/ resignation.
8. What action should be taken by the apprentice against the employer/ hiring company should the hiring company (that receives the incentive) does not make monthly salary payment or make a salary cut?
- Apprentice may make a formal complaint to Bioeconomy Corporation directly.
1. What is BioKerjaya @ My Future Agro Program?
A hiring incentive scheme under PENJANA for companies to carry out on-the-job training and encourage the workforce to venture into biotechnology, bio-based, agriculture or agrofood industry. It aims to promote job creation among employers while increasing employment prospects for the unemployed, post-graduate, post-school, and retrenched workers as apprentices.
2. What are the INCENTIVES under this program?
This program targets the categories below:
I. Biokerjaya @ My Future Agro Program provides on-the-job-training including developing soft skills and technical skills at the hiring company.
II. This program provides various incentives for:
A. Individuals aged 40 years old and below
B. Individuals aged above 40 years old including the OKU
III. One-off relocation cost for employee staying/residing far from hiring company:
A. For individuals who have to move > 100km from where they live; and
B. For individuals who have to move from Peninsular Malaysia to Sabah/Sarawak or vice versa.
3. Who is ELIGIBLE to apply for this program and its incentives?
- The Company must be registered with the Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM – Companies Commission of Malaysia) SSM/Registration Department Malaysian Organization (ROS)/Business Registration (ROB)/Party Local Authority (PBT) or other organizations before 10 August 2020; and
- The business or business affairs of the company should be related to the fields of biotechnology, bio-based, agriculture or agrofood industry.
- Open to all school leavers, unemployed graduates, and those who were laid off.
- Aged between 18 to 55 years.
- Interested in venturing into biotechnology, bio-based, agriculture or agrofood industry.
- Academic qualification is not required.
4. Who is NOT ELIGIBLE to apply for this program and its incentives?
- Private Employment Agencies or Outsourcing Companies/Contractor for Service which supply manpower to other companies/enterprises; and
- Public sector employees, federal and state statutory bodies, Local Authorities (PBT), and those who are self-employed (that have no company registered).